HOW TO MAKE MOSS ART
Express your creativity for all to see – right on the outside of your house! From the ivy running up Wrigley Field’s walls to the luscious plant life found in the Chicago Botanic Garden, Chicago is known for its beautiful urban plant life. Here is an easy way to bring that beauty to your own home!
1 can of beer
½ teaspoon sugar
Several clumps of garden moss
Recycled plastic container with lid
Stencil with your design
- Crumble moss into the blender.
- Add the beer and sugar and blend just long enough to make a smooth, creamy texture.
- Pour the mix into the plastic container
- Paint your moss blend onto a damp and shady wall using your stencil
- Water in regular intervals for the first month being extra careful not to spray it directly with the hose or you might spray away your design.
- Trim your design as necessary.